Saturday, November 1, 2008

thoughts about the vata dosha

all this week i have been studying and thinking of vata dosha... most reading this are not going to know what i mean... but it is the movement of the body... in a nutshell...

anyway... movement of course includes the ability for the digestion to carry out its processes to elimination... and along the way, i t encounters many organs and tissues and what not...

so, many causes for this to go out of balance include, dry, cold weather, old age, lots of cold and raw foods, excessive jogging and excessive activity, stifled creativity, stifled love, and fear... expressions of the imbalance include lower back pain, sign of low functioning kidney, low functioning liver, slow digestion, fear, anxiety and nervousness to name a few...

I can say that I do have that kidney pain... and sluggish digestion...

Now, I am feeling free to create and I seem to love being alive... so along with my daily routine and good food, I think I am turning my digestion around...

I think it is so amazing the things that belong together... and in class listening to the processes from an ayurvedic point of view, is logical and beautiful... and i have to admit that in my western anatomy and physiology class, i am disecting the information down further to its descriptions as understood in ayurveda... and i started getting a's instead of b's :)